Technical Support Engineer
Posted: 30 March 2018
Salary: Circa £27,000
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Engineer to join our ever expanding Service department.
We are a market leading Employee Owned manufacturer of bespoke High Speed Doors and Industrial Curtains, and due to internal promotion, we are now looking to recruit a dynamic individual to enhance the already excellent relationship we have with our customers.
The role will involve:
• Providing technical advice via telephone or email to customers or field engineers, including live fault finding.
• Providing technical advice to the in-house panel wiring department, including issuing of wiring diagrams.
• Discussing various door related issues with customers and arranging engineer visits.
• Creating quotes for customers and contractors for repairs and upgrades.
• Creating the bespoke O&M manuals for new and existing doors.
• Providing RAMS to customers when required.
• Assisting the R&D department with ongoing project development and implementing design changes.
• Assisting with the department’s administration when required.
The successful candidate will:
• Be electrically proficient with practical experience of problem solving principles.
• Be able to think ‘’outside the box’’ to provide solutions to customers problems.
• Have an understanding of mechanical engineering techniques.
• A methodical approach to task management.
• Enjoy working as part of a team to achieve departmental success.
Standard hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8:45am - 5:15pm & Friday 8:45am - 4:15pm.
The candidate should be willing to work outside of these when required.
Salary circa £27,000.
Company pension scheme where employer contributions are set at 5%.
32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) plus an additional Birthday holiday.
Annual Company-wide tax-free Employee Ownership Bonus scheme (non-guaranteed).
If you are looking for a new and challenging role, then send your application in writing along with your current CV to:Mr Antony Metcalfe – Operations Director
Union Industries, Angel’s Wing, Whitehouse Street, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1AD.
or via email by clicking 'Apply now' below.
No agencies please.