Stores / Procurement Assistant
Posted: September 2021
Division: High Speed Doors
Union Industries are the market leading Employee-Owned manufacturer of bespoke High Speed Doors and we are looking to hire a hard-working and skilled Stores/Procurement Assistant to join our team here at Leeds.
This position will suit a multi skilled person with hands on experience who is a practical thinker with good attention to detail and can work to deadlines in a fast-paced demanding Stores environment.
Key Job Requirements:
• Responsible for managing inventory control
• The procurement of stock and job specific materials
• Negotiating with suppliers to obtain best prices and delivery without compromising quality
• Developing and maintaining excellent supplier relations
• Kit preparation for all customer requirements
• Management of deliveries, goods in and out inspection
• Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure in a controlled and calm manner, effectively and efficiently
• Read and interpret project drawings and other written instructions correctly to perform task in hand
• Inspecting fabricated components to ensure that they are the correct size
• Collaborate with other Team member on all projects to meet customer deadlines
• Willing to go the extra mile to meet production deadlines
Key Skills Requirements:
• Team player with a positive, can-do attitude and good organisation skills
• Carrying out all works to a high standard whilst complying with all relevant health and safety requirements
• Good written, verbal, mathematical and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication, time management and strong problem-solving skills
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Strong IT skills with Excel, Word & other Microsoft office applications
• A full clean driving licence
• Counterbalance forklift truck operator licence
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8:45am - 5:15pm & Friday 8:45am - 4:15pm.
The candidate must be willing to work overtime as and when dictated by workload.
Salary: £21,375 per Annum
Plus, the following company benefits:
- 7% company pension contribution (employee non-contributory pension scheme)
- Annual Company-wide tax-free Employee Ownership Bonus scheme (non-guaranteed, however this has been £3,600 per year, for the last 3 years)
- Enhanced holidays package comprising; 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) plus an additional Birthday holiday
- Extra two half days holidays are given on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Company share scheme with an annual dividend (dependent on company performance)
If you are looking for a new and challenging role, then send your application in writing along with your current CV to:
Mr Ross Chalmers - Operations Supervisor
Union Industries, Angel’s Wing, Whitehouse Street, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1AD
or via email by clicking 'Apply now' below.
No agencies please.