Research & Development Technical Support
Due to our continued expansion programme and our commitment to support our blue-chip customer base whilst striving for product improvement and innovation, an exciting new role in our Research & Development department has been created.
Based at our Leeds office, a comprehensive training and education package will allow the successful candidate to join the organisation’s centralised technical resource team.
Working within the R&D team the role will include:
• Developing new and exciting products to bolster our already market leading range of high-speed industrial doors and associated equipment.
• Reviewing improvement ideas volunteered from all areas of the company, to assess the feasibility and impact of any potential changes.
• Reviewing, and improving our production and manufacturing processes.
• Developing solutions for individual customer requirements and systems.
• Providing a technical resource for our internal production departments and external engineer teams, and our ever-increasing customer base.
Candidates should be experienced in Electrical Engineering, including areas such as motors and drive equipment, control systems, and sensors / instrumentation.
The candidate should also be confident in their own fault-finding abilities & techniques, and once familiar with our equipment, be able to guide others through fault finding remotely.
While the role is predominantly of an Electrical bias, sound mechanical and engineering knowledge would be an advantage to assist all areas of the R&D department and appreciate the wider implications of changes to our high-speed doors.
Up to date Electrical qualifications and experience will be expected, but an enthusiastic, positive and “can do” attitude will be equally important.
Basic I.T. skills are required but training will be provided for drawing/analysis software.
A full driving licence is required.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 5pm & Friday 8:30am - 4pm.
The candidate must be willing to work overtime as and when dictated by workload.
Starting salary is circa £27-30k per annum.
Plus, the following company benefits:
• 7% company pension contribution (employee non-contributory pension scheme)
• Annual Company-wide tax-free Employee Ownership Bonus scheme (non-guaranteed, but this has been £3,000+ per year, for the last 6 years)
• Enhanced holidays package comprising; 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) plus an additional Birthday holiday
• Extra two half days holidays are given on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
• Company shares scheme with an annual dividend (dependent of company performance)
If you are looking for a new and challenging role, then send your application in writing along with your current CV to:
Mr Neil Edmonds – Chief Electrical Engineer
Union Industries, Angel’s Wing, Whitehouse Street, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1AD
or via email by clicking 'Apply now' below.
No agencies please.