In House Electrician
Posted: 26 January 2021
Closing date: 15 March 2021
Division: High Speed Doors
Union Industries are the market leading Employee Owned manufacturer of bespoke High Speed Doors and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a trained Electrician to join our team here at Leeds.
This position will suit a multi skilled engineer but with a primary role as an electrician and a background in mechanical environments would be advantageous.
Key job requirements:
- Wiring of panels, motors, dehumidifiers and various other components
- Reading and understanding electrical drawings
- Carrying out preventative and general maintenance throughout our workshops and offices
- Repairs of machinery and tools where necessary
- Inspecting, testing and troubleshooting faults
- PAT testing all electrical equipment
- Assembly fitting of Hi speed doors in our Finishing Shop
- Attend customer sites to undertake maintenance or repair work
Key skills requirements:
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude, good communicator and organisation skills
- Carrying out all works to a high standard whilst complying with all relevant health and safety requirements
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Keeping accurate job records
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Basic I.T. skills are preferred, i.e., Excel, Word
- A full driving licence
- Formal electrical qualifications
- 18th edition (preferable but not essential)
- Time served apprenticeship
- Previous experience in panel building (preferable but not essential)
- Knowledge of electrical installations
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 7:30am - 4pm & Friday 7:30am - 3pm.
The candidate must be willing to work overtime as and when dictated by workload.
Salary: £20,949 (2% pay increase pending April 2021) per annum plus non-contributory Pension Scheme.
Annual Company-wide tax-free Employee Ownership Bonus scheme (non-guaranteed).
33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) plus an additional Birthday holiday.
If you are looking for a new and challenging role, then send your application in writing along with your current CV to:
Mr Shaun Hannan – Production Coordinator
Union Industries, Angel’s Wing, Whitehouse Street, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1AD
or via email by clicking 'Apply now' below,
No agencies please.