High Frequency Fabric Welder
Posted: September 2021
Salary: Circa £21,375 per annum
Division: High Speed Doors
Closing date: 29.10.21
Union Industries are the market leading Employee Owned manufacturer of bespoke High Speed Doors and Industrial curtains. We
are looking to hire a hard-working High Frequency Welder to join our team here at Leeds.
This position will suit a multi skilled person with hands on experience, who is a practical thinker with good attention to detail and
can work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Key Job Requirements:
• Fabric Welder responsibilities will be but not limited to; gather parts to accurately measure, cut and heat weld (via automatic temperature-controlled HF bar machine) / stitch a variety of fabric pieces together to technical drawings
• Monitor equipment care and machine settings to optimize the heat welding function
• Apply a variety of logos and lettering using inks, screens, and stencils on to PVC
• Read and interpret project drawings and other written instructions correctly to perform task in hand
• Preparation of high-speed door service kits
• Collaborate with other Team members on all projects to meet customer deadlines
• In exceptional circumstances, our in-house employees will be called upon to attend customer sites to undertake maintenance or repair work
Key Skills Requirements:
• Experience working with high frequency PVC welding (preferable but not essential, as full training will be provided)
• Team player with a positive can-do attitude, good communicator, and strong problem-solving skills
• Willingness to learn and develop.
• Keeping accurate time records of all work undertaken
• IT skills with Excel (preferable but not essential)
• A full clean driving licence
• Counterbalance forklift truck driving license (preferable but not essential)
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 7:30am - 4pm & Friday 7:30am - 3pm.
The candidate must be willing to work overtime as and when dictated by workload.
Salary is circa £21,375 per annum
Plus, the following company benefits:
- 7% company pension contribution (employee non-contributory pension scheme)
- Annual Company-wide tax-free Employee Ownership Bonus scheme (non-guaranteed, but this has been £3,600 per year, for the last 3 years)
- Enhanced holidays package comprising; 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) plus an additional Birthday holiday
- Extra two half days holidays are given on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Company share scheme with an annual dividend (dependent of company performance)
If you are looking for a new and challenging role, then send your application in writing along with your current CV to:
Mr Adam Beevers - Fabric Production Coordinator
Union Industries, Angel’s Wing, Whitehouse Street, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1AD
or via email by clicking 'Apply now' below.
No agencies please.
Closing date: 29.10.21